Men's Pachira Walking Boot
These rugged, breathable walking boots are made from a creative combination of green materials by a sustainably-run company.
- The solid rubber sole includes 40% post-consumer recycled rubber.
- The upper and the laces are 50% cotton and 50% hemp (this blend maximizes the balance between green and durabilty).
- The eyelets are 80% post-consumer recycled metals.
- The tongue and removable insole padding are made of 100% pre-consumer foam from seat cushion manufacturing.
- The artificial leather is derived from water-based processing and includes 20% post-consumer recycled soda bottle plastic.
- The lasting board is made of 100% pre-consumer coffee filters, office file folders, and post-consumer magazines.
- The shoe box is 100% post-consumer corrugated cardboard printed using soy based inks and is reversible for reuse as a gift box.
- Shoes are manufactured in China in a non-sweatshop, sustainably-run factory.
While these boots are comfortable for most people as is, the insole is removeable to accomodate other insoles or arch supports. When you have worn the boots down, contact us for info on sending the boots to a company that will turn them into dog bedding.
| about us | store
| eco-info | green resources
| contact us
© 1999-2012 Green Home, LLC. ® All rights reserved.