Green Home believes "Green" is not a fad or trend, but a healthier way of living. By making educated purchasing decisions, our choices do make a difference.
Our company is on a mission to green the world, one person (and one business) at a time. Before Green Home, there was no easy place for people to find environmentally friendly products all in one place. Our goal is to make it easy for everyone to go green by providing the best solutions for every day green products. We know everyone can't do everything, ourselves included, so our unofficial team motto is "Green first what matters most".
We are the original online ecostore, located in San Francisco, California, in the heart of both the environmental and cleantech industries. Since 1999 Greenhome.com has played its part as one of the most comprehensive online resources for greening your home and business.
We've grown to become one of the most trusted online sources of environmentally friendly products, for both home and business, thanks to our loyal customers. And yes, despite the Green Home name, businesses going green are quickly recognizing us as the place to go for their Green Business needs as well.
We serve consumers looking to go green, reduce their environmental footprint and minimize the toxicity in their home. Our longtime consumer best sellers have included cellulose compostable bags; organic cotton and hemp products like clothing, bed and bath linens; recycled plastic toys; home air quality test kits; and chlorine removing shower filters.
We also serve companies and organizations looking to green their business and events. We provide everything from compostables and recycled products, to cleaning supplies and energy-efficient space heaters. We're a big support to small business: with eco-conscious restaurants and cafes, green hotels, schools and non-profits, LEED architect firms and plenty of other businesses making the choice to use green products every day.
Greenhome.com is particularly proud of helping people go green year after year, and appreciates the recognition we've received from being the original (and continually focused on being the greenest!) eco friendly online store. Thanks to all our customers for making green choices a way of life.
a few things you should know about us:
- Greenhome.com has been online since 1999 and has been a leading provider of ecofriendly and green products to green home and green business for over a decade.
- We are a certified B Corp, a San Francisco Green Business, and a Green America Gold Certified Business.
- We carry approved ecofriendly products from hundreds of suppliers, ranging from large manufacturers and distributors, to small local producers, not just a handful of massive big box suppliers like most online stores. This allows us to have the variety and uniqueness that make us a great source for green gifts and everyday green items.
- We are definitely not just for the green home, our business customers range from multinationals to startups and small business.
- Greenhome.com was the first green store to be nominated for a Webby Award, in the Living Category in 2002, way before they even thought about a Green category.
- Greenhome.com was the first online store to require all of our products meet a Green Product Approval Policy, which we originally developed in partnership with Scientific Certification Systems of Oakland.
- Green Home has received endorsements from throughout the environmental community, including Environmental Defense and the Earth Charter.
- When NBC's Today Show and Fox News decided to produce their very first segments on going green, they selected Greenhome.com's founder Axil Comras to explain to Americans how to green their lives.
- Additionally some of Green Home's hottest products have been featured on the hit HGTV television show "I Want That!" and Martha Stewart Living among others.
Green Home was founded in 1999 by Lawrence Axil Comras, who became a highly regarded authority on greening and environmental issues, and has been a featured speaker at conferences and events both in the U.S. and internationally. Indeed, Axil has appeared numerous times on national television programs to speak on the greening process. If you haven't checked it out, watch a few of our short videos and let Axil himself give you some tips on going green. Under his leadership Green Home helped pioneer eco friendly ecommerce, and popularize the term "greening".
In 2010 we were acquired by longtime cleantech merchant bank Jane Capital Partners LLC, and moved our offices less than 10 miles down the road to downtown San Francisco. Leading green media source Triple Pundit said the Greenhome.com acquisition highlights growth in social commerce. InternetRetailer.com quoted our founder saying "Jane Capital has an appreciation and commitment to both strong standards and pragmatic environmentalism."
Our majority investor today, our Chairman Neal Dikeman, is a venture capitalist and was formerly a founding partner of Jane Capital. He is the operator behind CleantechBlog.com and Cleantech.org, two of the top destinations for cleantech on the web, and he saw Greenhome.com as the perfect marriage of technology and environmental awareness.
Now over a decade old and still growing, Green Home today continues on its mission to provide every household and every business in America a single go-to source for eco-friendly products, information and advice.